Support the Library
With your generous support the Towanda Public Library can continue to encourage the love of reading, support lifelong learning and help make the Library a vital and important community asset. Your gift enables us provide a supporting environment for those who are trying to help themselves, and helps continue library services for future generations. Thank you
Adopt A Day
For the suggested donation of $35, a “day” may be adopted to commemorate an anniversary, birthday or simply to honor a friend or family member or memorialize someone dear to you. Your name as well as the name of the person honored or remembered will be placed on the “Adopt A Day” board located over the front desk on the day of your choosing. Your friend or family member will be notified of your donation. Adopt A Day funds are used to help keep the library open, purchase more new books and movies, and purchase supplies for programs for children and adults. It’s a great gift!
You may complete an Adopt A Day Form and send it to us or call the library at 265-2470.
A donation to the memorial book fund in memory of a friend or family member is a more lasting option. A suggested donation of $30.00 will purchase a book and the processing necessary for library shelves. In each memorial book, a plaque with the name of the person remembered and the name of the person who donated will be adhered to the front page of each book. The contributor to the memorial fund may suggest a specific subject for purchase.
A subject or title may be suggested but is subject to the library’s collection development guidelines. Through the years, more than six thousand books have been purchased with the funds. For more information on contributing to the fund, contact the library or fill out this form and send it to us with your check. We suggest memorials of at least $25 to cover the cost of a book and processing it for the shelf.
The Good News:
- We are one of the busiest libraries in Bradford County. Approximately 500 people come in the library each week with about 600 computer users each month.
- Our web site www.towandapubliclibrary.org has a ton of great information. You can download audio and ebooks. Learn a language with Mango Languages, take practice tests for civil service and other exams and much more.
- Towanda Public Library is a “Preschool Connection Library” with age appropriate programs starting with our youngest patrons.
- We have been serving our community’s lifelong learning needs since 1897.
The Bad News:
- State funding has been cut drastically over the past few years. We no longer get any funding from our local school district.
- We are purchasing fewer books and other resources this year.
- Building maintenance, utilities, and technology costs continue to rise.
- We’ve been forced to cut hours, staffing, and could see further cuts unless we are able to offset funding cuts with community support.
We need your help to continue serving you! Please consider a donation to our annual appeal.
Your financial contribution to the library is tax deductible to the extent the law provides. The Towanda Public Library is a 501(c)3 organization.