What will I be doing as a teen volunteer?
Examples of teen volunteer activities include:
- During the summer months, assist librarians with summer reading programs for preschoolers through teens
- Help organize book sales
- Repair books
- Cover books
- Search for missing books
- Word processing
- Prepare newsletters for mailing
- Read reviews and recommend books, DVDs, games and magazines for the collection
- Create displays
- Take photographs
- Help prepare teen programs
What will I get out of it?
- An opportunity to learn and practice a number of job related skills.
- Satisfaction from knowing that you are helping to promote reading and literacy in your community.
- Something different and interesting to do.
- An opportunity to meet new people.
- Volunteer experience, a welcome addition to college, scholarship, and job applications.
Who is eligible to volunteer?
- Teens who want to (not because their parents made them do it!)
- Teens who are self motivated and reliable.
- Teens who are 14 years old and older.
How do I get started?
- Fill out the application and turn it in to the Library front desk. We will call you.